The company’s focus is on developing therapeutic antibodies towards difficult-to-drug targets such as ion channels, mainly in the field of chronic pain.
As a Laboratory Engineer, your main responsibility is to plan, perform and report experiments and laboratory-based tasks linked to validation of Oblique Therapeutics’ antibodies. Your main focus will be on cell-culturing, but it may include other techniques (ELISAs, cell-based calcium imaging and others). The role is laboratory-based.
We’re looking for a highly organized analytical team player with a high sense of responsibility and who adheres to proper documentation practices. We believe you to be a structured person with attention to details and the curiosity and ability to both identify and solve problems as they appear. Furthermore, we see that you are passionate about laboratory work and enjoy spending time in the lab. Importantly, we are a small, but highly dynamic company where, depending on the everyday circumstances, one can be expected to perform tasks outside the described role to support the overall goals of the company. Therefore, we are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and willingness to take on new responsibilities. You are flexible and enjoy working with different types of assignments from week to week. You enjoy working both in teams and on your own, and you have a passion for cell culturing. In this role you will be part of an inspiring scientific environment in a team that enables researchers to succeed.
Main areas of responsibility
· Cell Lab responsibilities: Initiate, maintain and care for multiple cell cultures, optimize and develop new assays related to cell culture and keep all related documentation in order.
· General lab maintenance and lab safety tasks, including waste handling, lab cleaning and general organization.
· Participate in shipment organization world-wide for biological material.
· Assist other scientists within the organization and be introduced to new techniques depending on your own interests and the company’s needs.
Key qualifications are:
· MSc in Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar.
· Experience in cell culture (preferably human cell lines) and general wet lab methods.
· Fluent in English both oral and written with excellent communication skills.
· Excellent documentation skills and organizational skills.
Highly valued qualifications are:
· ELISA experience.
· Desirable experience working with TRP ion channels.
· Thorough working knowledge of the Office package.
· Experience working in a similar role.
How to Apply?
If you have any questions about the position, do not hesitate to contact Daniela Papadia: +46731572173.
Send your application containing your resumé and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the email “Application – Laboratory Engineer” followed by your name.
Our selection process is continuous so submit your application as soon as possible.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.